DuPont protective clothing against big molten metal splashes
We recommend protective clothing made of NOMEX® fibre for protecting people against large molten metal splashes according to European standard EN 531:1995*.
*EN 531:1995 (A, B, C, D, E) – Protective clothing for workers exposed to heat :
Scope : European standard applicable to protective clothing or workers exposed to heat. Protect workers against brief contact with flame (code letter A) and against at least one type of heat. The heat may be in the form of convective heat (code letter B), radiant heat (code letter C), large aluminium splashes (code letter D) and large iron splashes (code letter E) or any combination of this heat hazards.
Heat & Flame Performance criteria :
- Limited flames spread (code letter A) : material does not continue to burn, forms no hole, does not melt or drip, after-flame time < 2 s, after-glow time < 2 s
- Convective heat (code letter B) : 5 performance levels (B1 - B5)
- Radiant heat (code letter C) : 4 performance levels (C1 - C4)
- Molten aluminium splash (code letter D) : 3 performance levels (D1 – D3)
- Molten iron splash (code letter E) : 3 performance levels (E1 – E3)